Friday, October 1, 2010

I hope I don't regret this....

Today at lunchtime I saw Diana across the building and invited her along. Looking back I'm sure I was intending at some level to 'fess up about some of my recent activities. I think what prompted it was the delicious excitement of talking to Jen about my adventures. I had a friend like Diana in my single days and she knew everything. I realized talking to Jen that dishing scandalous dirt after the fact used to be half the fun. Since I need to be discreet, it makes sense to keep my mouth shut.

What doesn't make sense is talking to Diana. She can be a bit of a ditz at times. I got to thinking about it though and realized that all of the "TMI" incidents I could think of involving her were about her own life. I don't think I've ever heard her passing on gossip. She seems like the kind of person you can trust with a secret, but she has to know its a secret or she might well spill it accidentally.

I realized as well that she hadn't really shared much more than the vaguest of hints about her current sex life and that just isn't like her. So I asked. "How's your sex life?"

She was pretty non-committal. again not like her. I said so. "There's reasons..." says she.

"Oooo a secret?"

She kind of grinned. I pursued it a bit and offered a little tease myself.

"Did I ever tell you about the guy I know with access to rentals?" I went on to tell her a little about Gabe making it sound very casual (which it is) and kinda past tense. (Which it may head towards.)

I told her about how he has access, yada yada, and sometimes takes a girlfriend to one of them for a little privacy. I gave enough detail about the place that without really consciously meaning to I put myself in the room.

"Is he married?" she asked point blank.

"Uh, yeah," I said then joked..."But so am I so that cancels it out!"

She laughed at that, and eased into her situation. She has a guy, he's married, she made me promise not to guess but when she mentioned that he is part of the reason that she doesn't flaunt her love life around the office, I read between the lines it is a co-worker. Interesting...not gonna speculate...not gonna speculate....not gonna...hmmmm

I asked whether he was the jeaulous type...she was puzzled at first and then said, "No, why would he be? He is spoken for anyway!" but then added that she just doesn;t want to rub his face in her other interests so it doesn't look like she is pressuring him or playing games. Makes sense actually.

I comiserated and explained I worry that "Condo guy" is getting a little possessive and maybe jeaulous.

"Of your husband?!"

I realized I had really stepped into it here...I acknowledged that I had more than one interest out there...

"Wow, I wouldn't have figured!"

Neither of us really gave any juicy details, but I enjoyed the exchange.

I emailed Jen but it was sort of that whole friendship maintenance sort of thing, 'Hi, How are you...' etc I worry that I am sending flaky signals or rejection signals, which I am not. Just not sure what to do with her, (them) and worry she might be a little fragile about appearances, as she has mentioned it a couple of times, like "I realize I won't be everyone's type." I have tried to reassure her. She has great skin, a cute curvy figure, and a killer smile. She worries about 15-20 lbs which she carries pretty well in the pictures I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment