Friday, July 9, 2010

A Case in Favor of Online Infidelity.

I am up late, with a very satisfying contented exhaustion. I was back to old tricks that pre-date my blog. I "picked up" a man at a favorite online watering hole, and took him to bed.

Well not literally in my case, I was sitting in a chair in our den while hubby snored upstairs. His snoring was what had me up after a brief nap, and provided the rationalization and the cover to go downstairs and perve.

Mr. X did take me to bed with him. And his wife. She, though reputedly with bi-leanings, did not participate other than to provide the edgy "don't get caught" excitement of sleeping soundly beside him. Apparently with an Ambien in her she mumbles agreeably but never wakes according to her cheating spouse.

I am not sugar coating it. He was cheating, I was cheating, a good time was had by all.

I reflected a bit afterwords in the afterglow. It was just words, but it was intense and it was arousing and in the end sating. I thought of my irritation of my husband's attempt to push me unaware into the realm of the "Hotwife". He probably justified it (and more or less said so to Jim) that my online activities suggested I would be "up for it" if the right opportunity arose.

I was in fact not "up for it" as evidenced by the many years of marital fidelity that was here-to-fore unmarred with actual skin on skin adultery. For a reason, and it wasn't for lack of opportunity. I just didn't feel the need or the desire to cheat.

Occasional fantasy exploration fulfilled any wanderlust I might have had.

My friend Jim, who has never stepped out on his wife in the so-called real world has admitted to using his online guilty pleasures for much the same purpose..a pressure relief valve..(I'd like to yank his valve and blow off some...whooops, that's not what this post is about...)

Perhaps I should have invited my husband along on some of my online forays. I have no doubt he on occasion has had his guilty secrets. I believe he has never stepped out in the physical world....

I think the anonymous nature of the inter-webs has given many people the opportunity to hook-up, cheat, break up families and lives. BUt o the other hand for countless others it provides the basis of exploring the forbidden with little chance of any fall-out if one's spouse avoids the urge to cyber-snoop.

Online or off, it is all infidelity. Given the choice though, isn't online a little less fraught with emotional peril?

No comments:

Post a Comment