Friday, July 23, 2010

Dishes and "Bitches"

I was reading a post at "at all times"'s Blog where he had in mind that his prospective Mistress/Wife would assign him or approve of a list of rules for himself.

Not a Horrible idea on its face and based on a well thought out post by Lady Grey on her blog. She had some excellent feedback for him in his comments section after he referenced his post. I wasn't sure I had much to add, but that never stops me in real life so I jumped in.

The whole Wife Led Marriage dynamic is interesting, but not my kink, so I am a little out of my depth, so I hesitated before advising him thusly:


OK...I'm a little bitchy today, so don't get all excited in a subby/domme sort of way because it isn't meant that way but to be helpful.

My husband and I went to a couples group once. There was a young couple that were both students, her I think carrying a bit heavier load than he was.

He was thinking kind loving thoughts of her and took the time do the dishes and scrub down the kitchen imagining with anticipation the delight she would display when she got home, tired, and realized the chores were done.

She was tired and didn't notice the ABSENCE of dishes in the sink. (Think about it..one day blends into the other..do you honestly expect that she inventories the contents of the sink before she heads out?) Yes doing the dishes means she isn't subjected to the PRESENCE of the dirty dishes but out of sight out of mind.

He had what is called a "planned resentment" he was all ready for praise or to pout if she didn't notice...not a good healthy thing.

I am not going to get into a "what is a true sub?" load of crappola with you...but if you love her and it pleases you to serve the acknowledgment you crave is not something you have control over...and really shouldn't have control.

Let go.


I had been composing a ~wtf am I doing?~ post about re-connecting with my husband and curtailing my recent extra-curricular activities and was distracted by, well all of you.

This comment that led to the post here was completely off tangent from where my head was just before when on another Blog, Wifey had referred to her husband (in a text to him) as her "little cuckold bitch". 'Bitch' twanged something in me and I started musing about how I could work that into casual conversation with husband....

Then I got IRATE at a political non sequitur tacked on and tacky on the end of an otherwise readable post. The ad homminem attack doesn't bear repeating here but it got me thinking about how much the Blog World stirs up emotions/debate/actions above and beyond the sought for sexual fix. Lots to think about too little time to comment/blog/screw around...need a clone.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Marjorie, what a wonderful blog. so frank and wonderfully written. just stumbled on your writing, and read it all. i'll be back. lack of time? you could turn your husband into your submissive servant, and you'd have more time. trust me (us, i think you could ask some others like AAT), he's ready to go. i realize it's not your cup of tea. but really, you could wrap him about your finger. i do believe you're really really hot, fyi. your picture (really you, i do believe) and your self description make that clear. but the hottest part of your dear self is your mind. love sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a sweetie. I am practically blushing at the compliments...hmm must be having a blond moment..(Or a senior moment, or god forbit a blond senior moment..) But I'm stumped at AAT? It'll come to me later I'm sure..

    You may be right in that that is what Jim said from thebegining..if he posts and ad saying hit on my wife, he is a cuckold. Now, how he sees himself in that may have a lot of denial, and I KNOW I have a lot of denial about the implications...

    I wonder if the reason I refuse to believe he could be the stereotype is because I married a M.A.N. (albeit a slender, nerdy man at that) and I want to see him as a MAN..I LOVE the idea of some wierd temporary 'woosy-ifying' but how do you go back from there?..How does he?

    Hypnotism maybe? ~evil grin~ A roofie? j/k.

    ReplyDelete