Friday, August 27, 2010

Editorial and technical help...

Jim has been fairly scarce on the blog by mutual consent. He still helps and advises quite a bit including on my recent privacy intrusion. (that person could rightly claim of course that their privacy was intruded upon as their story in a couple of places intersects mine, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Since the incursion was the result of a laptop in the wrong hands not for example by a diligent Google search (which would yield nothing BTW.) He suggested archiving posts as drafts till I decided what to do which was to rename the blog slightly and hope they don't get overly nosy beyond the natural curiosity that an opportunity for a peak afforded them. We will see.

He helped figure out the migration (turns out it was simple to export over to here) and with trying to change links that might be blogs they might have kept bookmarked..think we contacted everyone...if you are here then it worked.

Jim wisely wanted mention of him to a minimum since his wife might well get the wrong idea since we aren't involved in that way. Funny how even nom-de-plume's are not safe in the age of web crawlers, history trails and web bots. It's not like Jim or even James is even his name. It was a random choice.

He loaned me a spare laptop of his with a card through Verizon so I can safely do some of these tasks from my desk as long as no one literally looks over my shoulder.

Anyway I think I am back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment