Monday, September 20, 2010

Karaoke Alibi.

For what-ever reason Mark can get way on Wednesday nights. I have a standing invitation for Karaoke Night with Diana. And so, an alibi is born. I had to have a talk with Diana (risky) and make sure she is OK with covering for me. I had asked hubby if he was interested in going along and he just said, no, you enjoy girls night out. Hmm too trusting, that one.

So, hubby is in charge of dinner, Mark is getting a room. Sylvia is running cover. Just gotta pick out the shoes right? Hooker hot enough to slut up a hotel lobby but something I can plausibly wear to work. I actually got hubby involved in the decision. I laid out an outfit for work and said to him, do you think if I added a shorter skirt for after work, it'll look ok for the club? I picked out a business-y black skirt for day, and grabbed my nearly obscene mini (that I am pretty sure I've never worn in public). He just smile and said it''l look great. Really??!

I am going to pack a shortish one, but not that one!

I might have screwed up and put a little extra unneeded pressure on my alibi holding. I asked hubby, "In the unlikely event that Diana doesn't get picked up on and taken home, shall I bring her back here?"  His response,"Yeah, right!" didn't quite match up with the glint in his eyes at the statement. I have at times used her as the stand-in for little verbal stories I have made up on the fly. Problem is what if he decides to take me up on the offer to come out and join us to reinforce visually the fantasy I planted?...dumb really.

On the other hand, It would be pretty interesting if Diana and I were going out actually that night to encourage her to stop by on an innocent errand and gauge his reaction. Better still would be to have her in on the gambit...have to think that one over.

Diana, surprisingly, was pretty mute on asking why. I wanted to head  off speculation, but what can you say. Not too many reasons one needs an alibi. I hemmed around a little and told her I appreciated the cover. She just shrugged and said "I know how it is sometimes." She went on to explain that she has a "situation" she is entangled in herself. It seems if I read it right she has a married guy on the side herself.

She does actually plan on going to Karaoke but cleverly suggested that she go to a different one this time so if hubby checks up, she can have me meet her at an alternate club. Sounds like a plan.

I asked her if she had been tormenting Derek. She laughed and admitted she had forgotten about that little project but said she will look in on him. "I'd like to see what he is like drunk" was the way she put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment