Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An affair vs. a hook-up.

I deliberately chose an older sounding term and a more youthful one. The first I think of in semi-romantic terms. The classic love triangle. An 'Affair of the Heart' is more or less what I think the full term would be, but probably in French. Affaire de coeur Oi? I think of an affair as something that no matter how benignly it started takes on a life of its own and involves emotions and alienation of somebody's affection. If he's French he would definitely be a paramour.

A hook-up implies that whatever the motivation it was intended to be and resulted in a fling. It might involve being swept off one's feet in a romantic gesture, but it is about sex. A casual fuck.

I ardently intended (and have so far accomplished) the latter while avoiding the former. Honestly the most emotionally involved I feel I am is with my un-named editor (cough, cough, ...jim who will likely edit this out) . I think that is because we have danced around the sexual attraction but made a friendship first.

The point I am making is that I am uninvolved because Brian is too young (and possibly unemployed) to be taken a serious threat to my marriage and Mark is too much of a man-slut. Mark the easy-going approach and low pressure sucked me in. His schedule, mine, and my reluctance to hit him up for another date after our extravagant first date kept the distance safe. I'd have to look at the dates but quite a while passed before round two.

I got the definite impression that after round two, I made a (slutty?) enough impression to peel back a couple of jaded layers. For whatever reason he is pursuing me a bit more aggressively than his laid back approach to getting laid. It was very hot for me too. Not an emotionally connective kind of feeling, but raw, animal lust satisfied. I'd definitely like to fuck him again. Hard.

What concerns me is that I think that having a regular arrangement, the so called FWB seems pretty dangerous to my marriage. I'd ironically feel a bit better if I had some inkling that he is preoccupied elsewhere. The thing is he isn't the kiss-and-tell type, so I can't really ask him "So, you fucked any good bimbos besides me lately?"

At least that's my rationalization for trolling Ashley-Madison today in the office on company time (from jim's  laptop..I'll get it back to you. really. maybe.). I look suspicious I am sure surfing away, but my backs to a wall and as long as I don;t visibly drool I should be good.

Guys are pretty attention starved so just logging on then off will probably yield me 25 or more messages since that puts me higher up on the 'active since' list. If I respond to any they usually reply within hours most have it set up for email notification I figure. On the rare occasion that I initiate the first message, even so much as a wink, and they are all over it. Still it takes a little while usually.

I was reading through some profiles which I had';t done since I lowered my height requirement. Not lowering my standards you understand, just wondering if short guys are kinkier. Anyway I decided to filter by who was online then. Figured they would either be a) unemployed, b) night-shift workers, c)very mobile or very flexible with their time, or d) so horny that they, like me, were risking jobs imagining a hot affair. Er Hook-up.

My next paramour was c) & d). What caught my eye was the check-a-box about "having a love nest." That sounded interesting. Hmm keeps an apartment just for fucking? Or what?

I opened a chat window and asked him more or less that. He hemmed and hawed and dodged the question. Basically he intimated that it was a little risky and he didn't want to go into it with less than a sure thing. He was more polite about it, suggesting coffee, get to know you, etc. Implying that he wasn't assuming I was going to flop onto a mattress just on his say so. Had a sense of humor which as the French would say is tre sexy.

I wasn't SPECIFICALLY looking for a short man but at an inch below me he does qualify as shortish if not really midget territory. Hmm a little person...now that would be hot, maybe adjust the height bar again.....

As we chatted Mark emailed. I had suggested it would be better/safer if he did that and told him I check that much at least from my phone. Didn't mention the bootleg laptop with the out of the building wireless cell company connection. That was interesting timing. I wondered for a bit if he had noticed me on A-M then realized I was on a different profile than the one I met Mark on...Paranoia about being caught cheating on my FWB was pretty hilarious.

So anyway, pic keys were exchanged, he wasn't hideous and apparently was not put off by my faceless pic. Funny how most guys are willing to accept you at cleavage value if face value isn't an option. It helps that I am a woman with a pulse.

I decided to be the aggressor. I mean why be coy. I am on a site for cheating wives, its not like he thinks I am a virgin, right? I asked him if his love nest had plans for Thursday between 11:00am and 12:00 and was it located convenient to..(I gave him the cross-streets, and no you may not have them. not even the town.)

He said let me see what I have.

???? he really has that many women scheduled???? Wow. Apparently the short guy has some skills.

I said something like that to him he lol'd me (I normally hate that btw.) Explained he was picking out a love nest.

HUH??? HE had several? Maybe he just meant he was willing to spring for a room?

Like pulling teeth but kinda intriguing.

Finally he said he figured he should just explain. (please do.) He decided from my typing that I seemed trustworthy or at least had secretarial skills. I lol'd back, but I actually did laugh, Out loud. At my desk. At work. We don;t have occasion to do that often, so I got raised eyebrows all around.


Since I didn't give city, name, or actual occupation I don't think I am going to get him in any trouble here. He has access to properties whose owners are not there. He went on to explain that the vacant ones are pretty low-risk, we remove the key from  (under the mat? Plant? Light fixture? Doorframe)?, let ourselves in, 'accidentally' lock the door behind us so if some other potential person and their keeper shows up there is some warning.

Option two is riskier but more luxurious. Some are furnished, owners hopefully away, may have a sitter, may not. Ordinarily, Monte, I'd take the riskier curtain two, but as he pointed out we will be in nervous getting to know you mode and this might be a bit much for example for anyone with a heart condition or pregnant. Neither of us are pregnant. He didn't say how his heart is.

He will find something handy and shoot me an address. I will confirm I am on the way or cancel Thursday. Hmm seems like this has some possibilities at least on the logistics end. Plus there's that whole cop-light at the end of lovers lane feel to it. Awesome.

I closed that deal and moved on to the pending assignation with Marcus. We both agreed session two showed an increasingly warm trendline. I decided I could flat out ask him about his bimbo du-jour. (I don;t know French for week or month.) I added that I am not fishing for comparisons, just curious about his sex-life from a voyeur's standpoint.

"Oh?" he replyed.."That's interesting. Sorry to report I haven't a business trip scheduled, best I can offer is drinks with the top producers and a couple of Doctors at a 'Gentleman's' Club. You wanna watch me get a lap-dance?"

Actually that did sound kinda fun. But "DOCTORS???" that seems sketchy.

"Oh it totally is, which is why they will be buying their own drinks and their own well you know whatever..these guys are youngish and golf buddies of one of my salesmen. I am not positive he keeps that professional, but I am positive he knows I see a strip club receipt in his expense report, he is so fired. I on the other hand am the boss, and I pay cash for such so I am above such requirements."

Anyway, I didn't invite myself along for the debauchery, but that sounded interesting. Oddly reassuring.

1 comment: